There are several things I could write to let you know a little about me. Now I will write those things.
- Fact, I love Jesus and doing things for Him.
- Fact, I love my wife Jaala Joy Briscoe.
- Fact, okay sorry, I’m done. I do love The Office, so I needed to start like that. I will now continue on in a more culturally acceptable fashion.
The fact of the matter is that I try to make everything in my life revolve around being a truly sold-out follower of Jesus Christ. I’m not always successful, but I really am trying. If you know nothing else about me, know that.
My last name is Briscoe (from Scottish/English descent that means birch wood or wood of the Britons), which I’ve been told sounds like the name of an Old West gunslinger. It must be true because Bruce Campbell played a character with this name in the TV show “The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.” that was set in the Old West. I remember watching and loving this show as a ten year old boy, but it must have not been very popular with their target demographic because it only lasted 1 season.
There are a myriad of things that interest me like music, sports and laughing, but those aren’t as important to me as these things:
- Justice – Injustice brings about righteous anger in my heart.
- Truth – I want the truth and I want others to have and know the truth.
- Selflessness – Putting others before yourself (as much as possible).
- Generosity – Be a blessing no matter how much you have been blessed.